Green Ruby Programmer

This space will chart my progress through the world of Ruby programming. Hopefully, it will conclude with me becoming a master Ruby programmer. With a moniker like this one, I shall have plenty of motivation to make that sooner rather than later! My other favorite programming languages these days are Python and Java. I have known both of them for about a decade.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

RadRails 0.6.2

I have been using the stand alone version of RadRails for a while now.

I had some problems with RadRails 0.6.1. Hoping that the RadRails 0.6.2 release that came out a month ago would solve them, I upgraded to this newer version of it today.

Instead, the problems seem to have gotten worse. Well, I am having more problems than I did before - so it seems worse to me.

Trac on the RadRails site tells a pretty glowing tale of a piece of software with no major problems.

I have a bunch of things I am trying to get done before I go to bed tonight. So I decided to put it aside until at least tomorrow.

Chances are I will come act it with a completely different tact when I try again. That should let me get maximum discernment on the cause of the problem - without going around in circles doing/undoing things. Instead, I plan to download/run it in a completely different environment with a clean install - and see if that helps.

At this point, I have more faith in the software itself than my configuration of the software. So that is the angle I am going to be hitting it hard on tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages and news

Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
Click here to join ruby_programming_group
Click to join ruby_programming_group