Green Ruby Programmer

This space will chart my progress through the world of Ruby programming. Hopefully, it will conclude with me becoming a master Ruby programmer. With a moniker like this one, I shall have plenty of motivation to make that sooner rather than later! My other favorite programming languages these days are Python and Java. I have known both of them for about a decade.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Riding Rails: Sun hires the JRuby team

Sun, which is about to launch JDK 1.6 and create a more comfortable working environment for Java / scripting-language hybrid applications/systems, just hired the JRuby team.

Riding Rails: Sun hires the JRuby team

JRuby is a Ruby interpreter written in Java. Same sort of idea as the Jython interpreter, which is an implementation of the Python language that is written in pure Java.

So, it looks like Ruby's stock just went up.

Technorati tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages and news

Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
Click here to join ruby_programming_group
Click to join ruby_programming_group