Green Ruby Programmer

This space will chart my progress through the world of Ruby programming. Hopefully, it will conclude with me becoming a master Ruby programmer. With a moniker like this one, I shall have plenty of motivation to make that sooner rather than later! My other favorite programming languages these days are Python and Java. I have known both of them for about a decade.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I have activated backlinks for this blog

I have gotten one or two requests to activate backlinks. I did not realize at the time that Blogger/Blogspot added support for banklinks at the time. In fact, I barely knew What backlinks are and how they are used.

I was lucky with this weblog. With my oldest one I had to manually add backlink tags to my blog template. It was not too bad. However I do not really like mucking around in there for a few reasons.

Anyway, it is up and running so if someone wants to link to one of my posts, it is now possible to do so. Likewise, I can link to my own posts too - from other posts in the same or different weblogs.

By the way, I have been reading Blogging - Genius Strategies for Instant Web Content by Biz Stone, published by New Riders.

It is about the best book someone could write about the Blogger/Blogspot weblogs. It covers a few other of the popular ones too.

This book covers everything from writing your first blog, to customizing your templates, adding CSS and Javascript, and even making money with your weblog.

I did not see backlinks in the book, which are a pretty new feature. The book is several years old, though. My impression is not a lot of stuff has changed in the past couple years, but the backlink thing is one new addition to those original Blogger features that were there when Google bought it.

Oh, mobile voice blogging is a new feature too. I kind of doubt that is in the book either. The rest of the features seem to get decent coverage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related pages and news

Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
Click here to join ruby_programming_group
Click to join ruby_programming_group